About the NCGA
In 1997, NCGA was founded as a private, non-profit corporation through The Arc of North Carolina, LIFEguardianship Training, Certification and Technical Assistance Project. The development of NCGA was facilitated by consumers, family-member guardians, volunteers, public and private agency personnel, attorneys, and Clerks of Superior Court.
The North Carolina Guardianship Associationís (NCGA) mission is to establish and promote a statewide standard of excellence in guardianship.
The North Carolina Guardianship Associationís (NCGA) vision is to advocate for the rights and dignity of vulnerable populations in North Carolina through education and appropriate legislation
- provide information, education, training, and technical assistance to families, consumers, professionals and other organizations.
- promote a statewide Guardianship Certification Program
- provide statewide networking with organizations interested in uniform standards of excellence in guardianship, and act as an intermediary with the National Guardianship Association
- promote the use of the least restrictive alternatives to guardianship to enhance self determination and rights protection of vulnerable populations.
- actively support guardianship legislation at the state and federal levels