Welcome to the home page of the North Carolina Guardianship Association (NCGA). We hope that you find this site a useful resource for finding guardianship information you need including the option to download forms and publications.
The NCGA is a private, nonprofit corporation founded in 1997. It trains and supports individuals who are court-appointed guardians for persons who lack the capacity to make sound personal and business decisions and who have no family members or friends to serve in that capacity. It is dedicated to promoting the protection, dignity, and value of persons through guardianship with diminished capacity through:
- providing advocacy, education, leadership, training, technical assistance, and networking for guardians, consumers, family members, volunteers, professionals, and surrogates
- promoting greater accountability and professionalism in guardianship practices
- furthering the professionalism of guardians as accountable court representatives
- developing a statewide, recognized standard of excellence, including professional ethics and standards
- promoting alternatives to guardianship and restoration of competency
- serving as an information clearinghouse
- promoting statutory changes and governmental policies that reflect best practices in guardianship
- establishing a team working structure that will enable the provision of a more effective, customer focused service
We hope you will find our site to be useful and informative. We welcome your comments and appreciate suggestions as to how we make it a more valuable resource.
While the information contained in this site is believed to be correct at the time of publication, the North Carolina Guardianship Association does not accept liability for any error it may contain.